Funded by SICOT and AO Hospital Private
Every year, SICOT will offer two surgeons a six-week to three-month fellowship at the AO Hospital Private Ltd, located in Karachi (Pakistan). The purpose of this fellowship will be to offer the fellow an opportunity to get involved in sports surgery, knee arthroplasty and if felt appropriate involvement in other specialties within AO hospital.
AO Hospital was established in 1984 by the famous Orthopaedic surgeon Dr SMA Shah. It is a 110 bedded orthopaedic only hospital catering for major trauma and all other elective orthopaedic specialties including sports surgery, arthroplasty, tumour, spine surgery and paediatrics. The hospital has a dedicated research team lead by a research fellow.
Accommodation costs will be covered by AO Hospital Pvt Ltd., who will also provide food at the Hospital and a car to the fellows. AO Hospital will help fellows arrange their travelling and accommodation. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by SICOT up to EUR 1,000 (economy ticket only; taxis will only be reimbursed at a reasonable amount. Airport shuttle bus service must be used in priority to taxi).
The training programme will start in January and July of each year.
- Must be a SICOT member with membership dues paid two years in a row at the time of the application (the year of the application deadline and the year before)
- Must be 45 years or under at the beginning of the fellowship
- Must have three or more years of specialised orthopaedic training at the time of application
- Health insurance coverage during stay at centre
- Medical check-up before travel (including lab results for blood tests)
- Application form must be filled in
- Priority is given to candidates having attended one or more SICOT Congress(es) in the past 4 years
- Preference is given to international fellows
- Candidates need to be fluent in English for practice and Urdu will be beneficial
Documents to submit to [email protected]:
- Application Form to be filled in
- ID or copy of birth certificate
- Up-to-date CV
- Recommendation letter from current Head of Department
- Motivation letter
- Recent medical check-up (including lab results for blood tests)
- Degree in Orthopaedics
Deadline: 31 August 2023